Saturday, March 14, 2009

3.14 and 3.15

Just a quick run thru of what I've had to eat. Gotta hold myself accountable :)

Saturday 3.14.09

Breakfast~ Oatmeal 2 pts.
Yogurt 1 pt.

Lunch~ Progresso Light Southwest Style Veggie 0 pts.

Snack~Green Bean Chili 1 pt.

Dinner~ Weight Watchers Smartones Ravioli 5 pts.
1 cup of broccoli 0 pts.

Northern Lite Coffee from Caribou Coffe 2 pts

I know I ate more but apparently I didn't write it down. According to my points tracker I had 21 points that day.

Sunday~3.15

Breakfast~ A yogurt parfait from Bob Evans 3 pts.
An English muffin 2 pts.

Lunch~ Progresso Soup-Veggies and Rice 0 pts.
Sweet Potato 2 pts.

Dinner~ Weight Watchers Smart Ones 4 pts.
Banana 2 pts.

Snack~ A bowl of cereal 4 pts.
1 cup of milk 2 pts.

I managed to stay under my 22 points on Sunday too.

I'd really like to get away from the processed foods but for now it helps with everything else going on. I just make sure to drink plenty of water to wash out the sodium.

Another mini goal is to eat 5 fruits and veggies a day. Fruit really isn't a problem but I have a hard time eating my share of veggies.

I went to the gym on Sunday to try out a new class: Body Combat. Um yeah, it wasn't really for me. It looked like a fun class but I'm more the type who likes to know what moves are coming my way. That and it was really crowded and I was afraid I was going to hit somebody. Wouldn't that be embarrassing? I waited for the instructor to call a break and I booked it out of there. So instead of kicking butt doing the class I kicked butt on the treadmill. I've got it in my mind that I'd like to run a 5K this summer so I've been following a "program" to get me ready.

This is what it looks like:

The Schedule

Week 1 Run one min, walk 90 seconds. Repeat eight times. Do three times a week.
Week 2 Run two mins, walk one min. Repeat seven times. Do three times a week.
Week 3 Run three mins walk one mins. Repeat six times. Do three times a week.
Week 4 Run five mins, walk two mins. Repeat four times. Do three times a week.
Week 5 Run eight mins, walk two mins. Repeat three times. Do three times a week.
Week 6 Run 12 mins, walk one min. Repeat three times. Do three times a week.
Week 7 Run 15 mins, walk one min, Run fifteen mins. Do three times a week
Week 8 Run 30 mins continuously

I got it from this website: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=30#top
There's also this site: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

At a glance I think they cover the same info.

So right now I am just about to finish up the first week. I'm interested in seeing if I can manage to run for 2 minutes without falling down. I can't wait to reach my 5 pound mark because there is a lot of new music that would be perfect for running.

TaTa for now :)

No comments: